Sunday, July 20, 2008

New Beginnings



My friend Ashley recently challenged me to start a blog and actually keep it updated and I decided to take her up on the offer. I feel that since every single thing in my life is new: my marriage, house, car, job, town, church, family, and even my name, a brand new blog would be fitting. It is currently under construction until I figure out how to get everything just like I want it.

In the picture above, my new husband Ben and I are proudly standing in front of our home during the building process. This was taken a little less than a month before our wedding. As I look back at that picture I can't believe how far we've come in such a short time and how much has changed since then! We are currently "playing house" getting things situated and we are both working really hard just to get on our feet and figure out how our life is going to be from now on. With new jobs and a new marriage there are a lot of interesting things to learn. So, read on to learn what I can figure out about life in Pike Road.

4 comments:

Kristy said...

I'm glad I got your comment and found your new blog! I'll add you to my reads. Love your cute new house!

A said...

Love it! Thanks for taking me up on the 'dare.' I can't wait to see your new house in person!

Katie said...

Yeah! Come visit me! I'll try to update this one more often than the last. Ashley, how often is regularly?

Kristy, I'm glad you found it too! I was going to tell you that I was starting a new one since I let the old one sort of fizzle out. I'm going to have to get some tips from you!

A said...

You may not be familiar with the actual definition of "regularly," so I'll fill you in. It means "twice a day, or every hour, which ever comes first."

:) It actually means as often as I can aroudn my crazy schedule and all the "news" in my life.

I love you! So glad you started this!