Friday, January 21, 2011

Colorado



During our first year of marriage, Ben and I took a trip to Beaver Creek, Colorado with a group of friends. With the exception of 1 day on the slopes many years before, this was my first attempt at snow skiing. This is how the trip started out.


This is how the trip ended. Can you say ski ambulance?



While I am smiling in the picture, I ended up with a crack in my tibia (I think) right below my knee. This was a direct result of me attempting to ski down a slope that was entirely too difficult for my skill level. Lesson learned. So, when the idea of the ski trip was brought up again this year, I wasn't totally gung-ho about it. However, Ben LOVES skiing so I didn't want to hold him back. Plus, we had a free place to stay thanks to some very generous friends and you can't really turn that down, can you? I immediately started to debate whether I wanted to re-attempt skiing this year when lo-and-behold, baby Mason makes his presence known, thus the ultimate excuse for not having to ski!! Yay!

Thus, here is how I am spending my Colorado vacation this year....


Can't complain about a little R and R in the beautiful snow covered mountains. This is the part of the view from the balcony where you can watch the skiers come and go.


Yesterday my friend Kristen (who is here relaxing with me because she is also pregnant) and I went to the spa where we each got Prenatal massages. It. Was. Amazing! On the way to the spa we walked by the ski lift and saw the skiers coming and going. I must say I felt a twinge of anxiety just looking at the lift. Then I smiled to myself at the fact that I was going to get a massage and not going to spend hours in the freezing cold falling on my face.

Cara is here this year and she is doing great which is no surprise. She loves skiing and she has a really good teacher. Here they are all decked out and ready to go on the first day. The following pictures looked totally different when I edited them on my computer than they do here. I am not sure what went wrong... excuse the odd coloring please.


Ben (talking about my husband Ben, not the Ben pictured above), who has deemed himself "Black Magic" is beside himself about hitting the slopes on the first day. Here he is with Cara getting ready for the action.

And that's about it from Day 1, more to come though. I think I will go get a facial now and be thankful I am not face-planting in the snow or skiing into trees.

More to come from Ski Trip 2011/ The Last Hoo-Rah Before Baby....

2 comments:

Shelley said...

Ok wait a minute...you sat in the bathtub at a hotel? I'm sure you wiped it first with Clorox wipes.

Katie said...

Hahaha! This is the first time I have ever used a bath tub that is not my own! (except the honeymoon when we brought clorox) This place was more like their house than a hotel and it was really really clean. Don't worry, I inspected.