Friday, March 15, 2013

Spring is Springing


Well, I wouldn't say that Spring has sprung, but it is definitely getting here!!  I am loving this weather.  You know I already made my seasonal trip to Bath and Body Works to stock up on the new Spring candle scents.  Those candles are the best and I am constantly burning one or four.  Ben says he doesn't know what scent is what because he is smelling them all at the same time.  I can't help it.  There is nothing like a burning candle that makes the house feel clean(er) and cozy. 


Mason and I have been spending a lot of time outside these last few days.  Mason especially loves relaxing in the hammock and blowing bubbles. I made the mistake of telling him we would blow bubbles without realizing our bubble wand was MIA.  I searched hi and low and after Mason asked for "boobles" about 50 times I borrowed a wand from Kellie who conveniently lives down the street.  Day saved.  The last time I remember seeing our wand, it was being used as a spoon to stir leaves and flower petals or riding in the back of Mason's truck.


Mason recently had a growth spurt and I one day realized that most of his pants and sleeves were too short.  So, after the B and B-works candle spree, my mom and I thought we'd drop by The Gap to see what their 40% off sale was all about.  Jack. Pot.  They actually had some cute boy stuff that didn't have skulls and crossbones and pictures of glittery guitars on it!!! Mom loaded the boy (and baby #2) up! Mason was carried away with his new stuff and would go to the bag and pull out the clothes and ask me to take the tags off.  The bright orange shoes, pictured below, are his favorite.


Oh, and we have progressed (or regressed, depending on how you look at it) to wanting to carry not one, but two bunnies now.  They are supposed to take turns going places and being washed etc, but Mason now asks for them both.  I am just glad that he hasn't realized there are three of them.


I keep having weird dreams about the baby coming.  Twice I have dreamed that the baby was born but I forgot about it and realized like a day later that I hadn't even fed him.   Last night I dreamed that I was playing roller hockey (hockey on roller skates) right after the c-section.  I remember thinking, "Maybe I should be recovering and not playing hockey.  If I keep playing hockey, no one will believe that I had a c-section.  Then, when I got home where my parents had been keeping the new baby all day while I played hockey, I realized I hadn't fed him at all and I couldn't even remember being in the hospital.  I asked my mom when the baby ate last and she couldn't remember.  Then I got mad at her for not keeping up with it and started feeling guilty for playing so much hockey.  What in the world?? At least if I am dreaming, that means I am sleeping - which I don't feel like I've been doing much of lately.


My body and my eyes keep telling me to sleep during the day when Mason naps, but my brain keeps telling me to keep going.  Sleep is a waste of time when there is so much to be done.  And speaking of things to be done, I found another great iPhone app to help keep our family organized and on top of tasks. It is called Cozi.  Ben and I can sync our accounts together and we can both see shopping lists, To Do Lists, calendars, etc.  It is awesome and free!!  So, between EEBA and Cozi, we are on a roll with the budget and organization.  Thank you, iPhone.

I am about to have to work the weekend and I wish I could be home cleaning out and getting ready for the baby.  The last weekend I worked (I think)  I was serenaded by a crazy man who wanted to sing me one of "his songs" since I loaned him $1.33 to purchase items to make a t-shirt.  He said he was going to make me a t-shirt that he designed but he didn't want to wait in the line (too long) to buy the stuff (I guess he was just going to walk out with the items like everyone else does) so he wanted to sing me one of "his songs" (which was a rap) instead.  Even though I insisted that it was unnecessary, he stood right there at the pharmacy counter in front of all the customers and rapped to me.  Not at all awkward or weird.  We'll see how this weekend goes....

katielassiter

No comments: