Thursday, December 11, 2008

Blog Disaster

So no one actually informed me that I had this giant unproportional picture for my header and a blah gray background for an entire month. How embarrassing. I have really dropped the ball on this whole blog thing. My friend Ross facebooked me about my blog and it was then that I realized I haven't updated in a while. Turns out, the pictures and backgrounds I was playing around with and thought I had deleted actually stuck. Oh well. Maybe someone got a good laugh.

Anyway.... Christmas is upon us. That is officially insane. I mean, it's almost 2009! I cannot believe how fast this year has passed. I have only just begun shopping for Christmas presents, but the house is decorated and I'm really proud of how it looks. I'll post pictures as soon as I upload them from my camera. I am very blessed this year to be able to take the whole week of Christmas off of work to spend time with my family! I was so afraid that I wouldn't be able to go home this year.

So, a brief update on our life here in Pike Road....

1. Ben and I placed membership at church here that we love. We have joined a "lifegroup" that meets on Sunday nights that has been the biggest blessing. More on that to come. We have also started helping out some with the youth group. It's funny because I think some of the youth group kids actually thought I was IN the youth group.

2. I am reading the Twilight Saga. I'm on book two now and I can't put it down! I know, you thought it was for teenagers... well it is. It actually sounds like a really dumb story, but these books are very well written and interesting to read. Think Harry Potter. I mean, they aren't equal to Harry Potter by ANY stretch of the imagination, but they have the same feel to them in that you continue to think about them when you aren't reading them. If that makes sense to any of you Harry Potter fans out there.

3. We had our first yard sale about a month ago to get rid of all the old stuff that we don't need after combining households. I was going to make that it's own post, but it's too far gone now. Needless to say, it was interesting. Come to think of it, I will post about this later too.

Ok, this is getting long so I'm just going to have to actually keep up with this blog better in the future so I don't get so far behind. And in closing, the next time my blog is HIDEOUS, please someone, let a girl know.

2 comments:

Jamey said...

I'm addicted to the Twilight series as well. I am ready to start book three, but all the libraries have them checked out, and my friend who I borrowed one and two from is reading three...I feel like I need to just go out and buy it this instant! You're very right about how you continue to think about it, even when you're not reading...

I hope you have a happy Christmas!

Ross Hatcher said...

Hooray! I got a shout-out! What an honor!