Monday, December 15, 2008

Heaven

Today I was sitting in my living room reading in Ben's chair when I stopped and thought to myself how happy I was in that moment. I was off work with the entire day ahead of me sitting quietly in my own home with my Christmas tree all lit up and the dogs napping beside me. I thought, "This is Heaven." Then it occurred to me that if it was really Heaven, I would throw my family and friends right there into the living room with me. That would make it even better.

When I think of Heaven there are some things that are truly beyond my comprehension. For example, we will be in the presence of God. Everything that I know tells me that this, in itself, will be able to fill us with great joy for ever and ever. However, I can't really concieve of what that will be like. It's kind of like how I know that 770 Billion dollars is a lot of money, but I can't comprehend how much that really is. Sad analogy, but you get the idea.

Then I think of things about Heaven that I can grasp and I think how wonderful it will be....
I think of being with all of my family and friends in the same place at the same time. Oh, what wonderful times we will all have together! Each one my friends and family members is unique and special in their own way and they each bring something different to the mix. I think of all of the laughter we will experience and the fun we will have.
I think it will be so peaceful to be in a place where there is no anger, frustration, anamosity, pride, resentment, bitterness, lonliness, prejudice, sickness... I could go on and on. So, top that all off with the fact that we will be there with Jesus, God, and all who came before us..... I can't really fathom it.

Anyway, don't think I'm going all crazy for writing about Heaven. I'm not looking to go there any time soon. I just know that when we all get there, we'll never want to come back.

2 comments:

A said...

Love your happy day! What's your holiday schedule like, lady?

buckpony said...

Hello! I happened upon your blog in search of my blog titled "Pike Road Girl." I wonder if I grew up in the same Pike Road where you currently reside. If so, small world! My folks still live in Pike Road, so we are there visiting as often as possible. What wonderful memories I have of living there.
I enjoyed reading through your blog and especially loved this post about Heaven. What a wonderful take you have on it.
Best wishes to you and Ben for a long, happy, and blessed marriage.