Thursday, March 18, 2010

G-L-A-M-O-R-O-U-S



OR NOT

After working six days strait and Ben being out of town, and both Ben and me being sick for the past 2 days, I have this to look forward to on my day "off." Just in case you were disillusioned and thought that I had a glamorous life with a magically clean house and no dirty laundry or dirty dishes, then you were sadly mistaken. Of course, after reading my post about my dog peeing on my bed, I'm sure that very few of you are actually disillusioned about my life at this point. I just thought I'd make some of you feel better about your chores by seeing what I am currently tackling. Note: this is a family of TWO. Heaven help me when I have kids.

I have, however, managed to keep my kitchen clean by loading all of my dirty dishes in to the dishwasher. I just haven't had enough dishes to make a full load (due to eating out, using glorious paper plates, etc.) so the dishwasher hasn't been run in a while. Yet, I must use spoons at a much faster pace than anything else because I have no regular spoons in my silverware drawer. This is what I used to stir my morning coffee:


That's right folks, it's a serving spoon. The serving spoon was unfortunately too large to fit into my little yogurt cup I wanted to eat for breakfast, so for that I used a full fledged teaspoon. And I mean teaspoon, like the one you use for a specific measurement while baking. You know, it's about 2 and a half inches long.

You probably can't tell from the picture, but Wal-Mart has come out with (drum roll please) the Great Value brand of flavored coffee creamers!!! Yay!!! I'm always looking for more ways to save money... I love off brands. I love off brands in most things, that is. Some things, you just need to go all out and get the real deal. I can't think of an example on the spot, but there are some things that are better in brand name, I'm sure of it! Ugh! Brand name brain freeze.

Anyway....

I have spent most of my morning exploring Google Reader. Most people have probably been enjoying Google Reader for years now, I don't know, but I'm just now discovering it. It's kind of like when I got Shaniah Twain's "new cd" 2 years after it actually came out. I kept calling it her "new cd" and my sister would scoff at me. So I stay a little behind... now back to Google Reader..

It's awesome! I have fallen into blogger land and I love it! However, it is really time consuming to visit each individual website to look for new material. With Google Reader, you can immediately see if each blog has been updated and read the new material without actually going to all the websites. I am literally just starting it today, so we'll see how it goes.

So, that's what's going down in Pike Road today. Don't be jealous.

And yes, I have updated my blog three times today. I don't update often, but when I do, I try to go all out. Thanks.





7 comments:

Cortney said...

2 things:
1) I just washed, dried, folded, and put away 3 loads of clothes and towels (then found more in the dirty clothes). It seems like no matter how hard you try, it comes back faster than you clean it up. So is life...

2) I have no idea what "google reader" is so I'll have to check it out. You're not the only one out of the loop!

Katie said...

Haha! Well, I'm glad to know I'm not alone! Let me know if you like Google Reader!

A said...

We just did 5 loads of laundry this morning. You're not alone!

Shelley said...

Katie,
The dishwasher is not your only option for cleaning your dirty spoons. Good ole soap and hot water will also do the trick. :) And I don't know what Google Reader is either! You will have to teach me all about it!

Ross Hatcher said...

Sliced cheese... that's a brand name only thing for me.

It looks like Google Reader might be something only cool bloggers like us know about.

SGN said...

Toilet Paper and Trash Bags are the things we have found we can't go off brand on. Hope the laundry went well and didn't take too much time out of your off day!
I am always amazed at how big the piles of laundry get with just two people too. :o)

Katie said...

Yes! Definitely Toilet paper... how could I forget that?
All that laundry was finally finished only to find an equally large pile to do today! Ha! Thanks for the comments!