Wednesday, June 20, 2012

I Finally Learned


I finally learned how to download pictures from my iPhone to my computer!  You are probably thinking I am an idiot since I have had this phone over a year and just now realized you are supposed to hook it up to your computer for things like updates and downloading files.  I actually learned this a few months ago when people kept getting mad at me for not using imessaging since my software had not been updated and now... here we are... all 900+ iPhone photos are on my MacBook at my fingertips!

I. Am. Pumped!!

So, here is my first iphone pic blog post.  Some of these photos you have probably seen if you are my facebook friend or follow me on instagram.  However, some of them have been tucked away for a special blog debut such as this.  Some of these I have posted simply because I love them and others because they represent a detail in life that I want to remember.  I am so excited to have these pictures from every day life because when I print out my blog book one of these days, I will be able to remember so much more than if I was just relying on my brain.  I think my brain got too full in pharmacy school and things don't stick as well as they used to.  Then again, maybe it's "mom brain", who knows?  Most of the pics on this blog were taken with Camera+ (my favorite), instagram (the poor quality ones), or Ben's iphone (which took the following picture) which he then texted to me.  


I work every third weekend and during those weekends Ben is thoughtful to send me photos of what he and Mason are up to so I don't feel too left out.  I get the biggest kick out of Ben taking Mason on wagon rides because he always loads the wagon down with books and toys to keep Mason entertained.  I tried to tell him that the wagon ride is supposed to be the entertainment.  However, Ben never fails to be over prepared.


This is one of Mason's last days in his Chico (or is it Chicco?) infant seat.  It served him well but he hated facing the back.  Happier days are ahead for Mason in the car.


This photo is an older one but it melts my heart every time I look at it.  I hate that the image quality is so poor because I want this blown up to an 8x10 and hung in every room!!


 One of his first times in the sandbox... Love!


One of his last morning bottles. If I think about this too long I will cry.


Poodle was overdue for a hair cut and got a new do with the poofiest.ears.ever!  He also made the photo bulletin board at the groomer's. So proud.


Our friend and old roommate Daniel, his sister Heather, and his girlfriend Crystal came to hang out one weekend and played a little Just Dance 2 on the wii.  That game never gets old!


Sissy and me on the way to the rehearsal for Leslie's wedding.


Meeting Daddy for lunch to celebrate Mason's first birthday!  


Baby and Me at Old El Paso something something, can't remember the name of the place because we never eat there.  Totally random selection for birthday lunch.  It was close to the zoo which was our ultimate destination.


Part of our bath time ritual.... I (and Ben too) always wrap Mason up in his super large Three Martha's bath towel after his bath and then we look in the mirror at him all wrapped up and then we go say hi to the other parent and then we go to his room for lotion and p.j.'s.


One of Mason's first times to ride in his big boy car seat.  Every time we looked back at him he would smile and laugh because he wasn't used to being able to see us.  He loves it! (And so do we!)


I got this for a mother's day/birthday gift.  I have been thinking about learning to sew for a while and the kids clothes just pushed me over the edge.  I really am enjoying it so far!


This is our ice cream stash. Yeah, you can find about 4 or 5 cartons in our freezer on any given day.  Why? Ben has a major sweet tooth.  Combine that with the fact that I won't finish a carton because I only like it fresh.  Fresh as in only a few days old.  After that it becomes "freezer burned" in my eyes and I will have nothing to do with it. So, we accumulate ice cream.  Ben eventually finishes it off because he can't stand for anything to be wasted. Oh yeah, Buy One Get One Free Breyer's Ice Cream at Publix puts an end to any open space in our freezer.  Also, Santa's White Christmas - top notch.  Definitely need to pick up a gallon of that this season.


Awkward family photo. This is the only photo I have on my phone of all three of us! We were visiting our new baby cousin, Olivia, at the hospital.  Mandi (Olivia's mom) took this photo to document her visitors and then texted it to me later.  Ben and I were on our way to a wedding.  That is not our typical hospital visit attire.  Also, this was the first night that Mason spent the night away from home!  Mimi (Ben's mom) kept him that night since the wedding was in Birmingham and we wouldn't be getting back until late.  Mason did great and so did I.  Now lets hope I can handle it for 4 nights when we take our cruise!


Dessert at Central during our anniversary date. Now I can share the pictures I took on the date with my phone!


Just hanging out, walking around down town Montgomery. 


What a fun night!


This is a picture of my daddy when he was a little boy.  Can you see the resemblance between him and Mason? 


Mason visiting his great grandmother while we were in Florence.  I can't remember why he is naked.


The other day we met some of our good friends at the pool.  This is the closest I could get to a group photo.  Thirteen month olds aren't good at posing for pics. 


I got lucky by catching Caden and Mason standing in the same vicinity.  Check out Mason's cool floating suit!  Hilarious. 


Mason doing his thing.  Making me a nervous wreck.  Today I remembered that Cara and I used to walk on top of the privacy fence in our back yard when we were little girls.  I guess mom didn't know about that... 


This is another photo that Ben sent me when I was at work.  Made my day!


Mason LOVES to help us blow off the back porch.  Even when we aren't blowing off the back porch, he is trying to turn the blower on or get us to turn it on.  He has an infatuation with lawn equipment.


The other night I made homemade bruschetta (tomatoes, olive oil, basil, salt, pepper, garlic).  I had forgotten how easy it is to make and how good it is!  If you have a basil plant, you need to make this! If you don't love garlic then you might want to omit that.  Mason even liked it.  Then again, Mason likes everything, especially his new favorite, tuna salad.


 Junior wants a cookie.  Clearly, he has already had some cookies.  He doesn't just want a cookie, he wants to feed it to himself. Melted chocolate chips and all.


I give in to his relentless screams pleas. This is bliss.


Now he is mad because we have to clean him off with a wet wipe.  It was nap time, can you tell?


 And last but not least, this is a picture I took this morning of Mason playing in his chair.  Mom, Dad, and Matt gave him the chair for his birthday and I think we will get a lot of use out of that gift.  The trolley car in the picture was a gift that mom and dad brought Mason back from their trip to California. He is pretty hard on it but so far it is still in one piece.   And on a side note, Mason turned 14 months old today and he is cutting 2 new teeth on the bottom for a total of 8 teeth!




1 comment:

Haley said...

i love that post! love all the pictures. he is getting so big boy-ish! agh! guess its time for yall to take the plunge and have another :)
percy went to the groomer a couple weeks ago and came back with those same poofy ears; mary ella said, "oh percy, i love your pigtails!" ha!
lets play soon!