Wednesday, August 1, 2012

August is Here, Not Halloween.



I find it hard to believe that August has arrived.  Cracker Barrel already displayed their Halloween decor and Hobby Lobby has been chocked full of Christmas decorations since at least June.  I get anxiety over things like that.  How can people be buying and planning for Halloween already, much less Christmas?  Who are you people?  I want to know.  I want to know, do you do everything four months early?  Are you early to everything? How do you function?


And speaking of early, I have been making a point to get up early.  I don't know about you, but my early is six a.m.  Five twenty on a good day and that's only because I have to meet my neighbor to run. If I wasn't meeting her, I would hit snooze approximately 10 times and then get up at 7.  It is HARD for me to make myself wake up. HARD.  But I desire to be a morning person so I press on....


But guess who else decided that they want to get up early too??  


That's right, pizza face up there.  He, who used to wake up at 7 or 7:30, now gets up at 6 or 6:30.  There goes my "Me" time.  But hey, at least I am getting up early.


And speaking of that dirty little guy,  he really likes to make messes.


Or maybe I should say that he likes to clean out.


He is really good at cleaning out my tupperware cabinet, measuring cup drawer, and pantry.


But he is a sweet boy and helps me clean up.


He is always hard at work on something.


The other day he saw people cleaning the baby pool with that brush.  Then he went and picked it up and started cleaning.



He also likes to clean out the drawers in my bathroom and carry random items into Berkley's crate.  Here you see him with my cotton balls and, if you look closely, a container of hair gel.



Mason has taken a liking to Berkley lately.


I periodically find him laying on top of Poodle, eating an apple, and holding a baby spoon.


Sometimes I think he gets on Berkley's nerves.


Not that that stops him from invading personal (dog) space.


But Berkley can dish it out so he knows how to take it.



katielassiter

2 comments:

Haley said...

oh my word. seriously. i should not be allowed to laugh this hard this late at night.
must.see.you.soon.
and the picture of him cleaning the pool is my favorite. i am laughing so hard. as usual.

Katie said...

Haha! I am glad you got a laugh out of it! He certainly keeps me laughing and on my feet... Let me know a good time for us to get together!