Friday, October 19, 2012

Fort Morgan Part 1



Well, the weather couldn't be any more perfect and Mason and I are outside in the backyard.  Mason is mowing the grass and digging with his heavy equipment and so I thought I'd take a minute to get caught up on here. 


In September, we were privileged to take a trip to Fort Morgan, AL for Mason's first trip to the beach (where he was actually aware that he was there).  I could not wait for him to see the sand and ocean for the very first time!


He was elated, as I suspected he would be.  


We were accompanied by my mom and dad, Matt, and three large dogs.  My sister wasn't able to come since she was saving up her vacation for a dream trip to Hawaii!


So, I'll just let these pictures speak for themselves.  Maybe you think I should have narrowed them down to a few favorites... well, I did.  These are the FEW favorites from the FIRST HALF of day one. Do you think I have a digital image hoarding issue?  Well, I do.  




























In the picture above, mom thought that Mason was coming to see her and give her a hug.  In reality, he was coming to pull her out of her chair so he could sit in it.  He loves chairs that are his size.  Especially if someone else is already occupying it.


After he successfully coated himself in sand, we decided to head to the house for nap time.


The rinsing was definitely necessary.  


Dad stayed at the house so Mason could nap and we brought out the dogs.  It was so neat to be able to bring the dogs out on the beach!  


As you will see in the photos that follow, they LOVED it!


















When we returned home from that chaos, we found someone sleeping peacefully...


I hope to be back soon with the rest of the "favorites" from Day One!

katielassiter

3 comments:

A said...

I LOVE the pics! Every last one... keep 'em coming!

The Jordans said...

Katie! We just got back from Fort Morgan on Saturday love that beach so muuch fun! Looks like y'all had a good time!

Melissa said...

fun!!! Love the pics.
You're like me...it's nothing for me to take 300 pics on one Saturday!