Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Some Snapshots



So, I am getting a little bit behind here but I think the fall is just a busy time of year.  But, oh how I love it!  I love the smells, the leaves, the cooler weather, the fall foods and festivities, football games... etc. etc. etc.  This is my favorite time of year!   


I wanted to post some of these pictures from back in August that got lost in my folders of millions of pictures.  When we were having child care issues my dad drove down to help out with Mason for a few days.  We loved having him!


On one of my off days we took Mason to the zoo.




One of the highlights of the trip was getting to walk around with BopBop's cane.  Can you see the excitement in his face?


BopBop lowered it to where it was just the perfect size and Mason carried it around for the rest of the time.   The ostrich was Mason's favorite animal this trip and would not leave the exhibit.


 Thanks for all of your help, BopBop!


Mason has been doing a lot of reading.  He loves books, especially if they feature heavy equipment, the moon, or balls.  Today he saw a 1/2 inch square picture of the cover of "Goodnight Moon" on the back of another book (an advertisment) where the moon in the picture was about the size of a pinhead.  Somehow he spotted it from like 5 feet away and was like, "MOON!" And picked up the book and waved at the pinhead size moon.


This past weekend he discovered that his tractors can "dig" so he spent a lot of time digging in the dirt.  He started saying, "I dig. I dig."


I caught him trying to put on Ben's ginormous work boots but by they time I could get my camera he had given up.  They are quite heavy and I am impressed that he was able to carry them both.


My parents found that gicantor Elmo at a yard sale and brought it back for Mason who thought it was great!  He would go get the Elmo and bring him to my dad for him to read them a book.


We have recently started letting Mason try to use a fork.  Actually, he really demanded that we let him try using a fork by refusing to let go of one he got his hands on.  He would not let us feed him with the fork because HE wanted to hold it.  Every now and then a bite will make it all the way to his mouth.


He is still loving his lawn mower.


And his little chair from Aunt Sissy.

I have a whole lot to catch up on so hopefully I will get to it all soon!  I hope everyone is having a Happy Fall!!



katielassiter

4 comments:

The Mundies said...

Mason is just the cutest thing ever! I love seeing all of your pictures of him!

Katie said...

Thanks so much, Katie!

Melissa said...

he is getting so big. I love when they start talking....that is so exciting! It's amazing how much the pick up from everyday talk that you don't realize. The other night Claire was going on and on about the garage. ? Yeah...weird...but she was telling us all kinds of things.

Katie said...

Melissa, that is so funny! I really can't wait for him to start having a conversations with us. It really is hilarious the things that they notice!