Saturday, February 13, 2010

The Best Day

When I woke up on Friday morning, I was disappointed to find no white fluffiness on the ground, or anywhere for that matter. I had been looking forward to this day since I first heard about the Winter Storm several days prior. It was all settled, Ben was not driving to Notasulga or Montevalo for work because the frozen roads would not be safe for driving; therefore, he'd have to stay home with me. Darn.

When the snow began to fall before 8:00 am, I was so excited! It was really happening! I can't remember the last time I had a snow day. Snow days bring back sweet memories of no school, relaxing at home with my family, playing in the snow, mom making snow cream, a warm fire in the fireplace, my grandmother making us hot chocolate on the stove, mom and dad taking us kids sledding in the cemetery (I know), building a giant snowman with hushpuppies for eyes, nose, mouth, and buttons (I know), and my little pink snow boots with balloons that changed colors in the cold. It doesn't get any better than that!

This was my first snow day with Ben and I was overjoyed that we had the whole day (almost) just to spend time together. We were so excited that we didn't HAVE to do anything (until 5:00 when I went on call) and we had so much fun just hanging out, eating brunch at Cracker Barrell, going to Wal Mart for goodies, and watching movies. I kept saying "This is the best day!"


This is our backyard in the early afternoon.


This is our house in the snow. We never did get around to building that snowman but Ben did keep the fire crackling in the fireplace all day long!



Berkley loved his spot by the fire and napped there for most of the afternoon. It was quite the lazy day for all of us.

I hope all of you got to have a fun and lazy snow day too!




3 comments:

Shelley said...

Must be nice to have an awesome snow day with your husband....ha ha! Actually, I had a pretty good snow day myself except I was alone!

McKinney Madness said...

Ooh, I'm loving that pic of the fireplace... looks like you may need to start another one tonight because it's going to be super cold. Are you as ready for flip flops as I am?!?!

Katie said...

Yes I am! I loved the snow, but I'm running out of winter stuff to wear. haha!