Thursday, February 4, 2010

Now What?

After working around the clock (literally) from Tuesday at 5 pm until Monday at 8 pm, I was ready for a break. I am now on day 3 of my 3 off days in a row and I still feel like I'm in a stupor. Don't get me wrong, I have accomplished a few tasks, unloading the boxes of old stuff I took from my parents' house from my car, cleaning the shower, vacuuming, cooking dinner etc.... I also made a trip to Wal Mart (against my will) and I went to my first soccer practice at Trinity (more on that later). So, I haven't been completely worthless these past few days.

Due to my jobs and traveling, I haven't been able to go to church in the past month. I hated I was missing out on Buddy's new series "Direction, not intention determines your destination" so I went searching for the podcast on the church website. And.. I found it! Yay! The series, as previously stated, focuses on what paths you are on in your life. Each path has a predetermined destination. If you make plans to go to Destin, pack your car, buy your sunscreen, etc, but get on I-65 headed north, you aren't going to make it to Destin. You may have the intentions to go there, but you aren't going the right direction. Makes sense, doesn't it? Anyway, it got me thinking about what paths I'm on and what are the destinations I am headed for? Do I want to stay on these paths or do I need to be on new ones? For example, right now I am on the path headed for obesity. Bad path. Need a new path. I have intentions of working out, spending time on my wii fit, and drinking lots of water; but my path of cokes, candy, and sloth-like behaviors are just not going to get me to my "fit and in shape" destination. So, that's what I'm doing these days... thinking about said paths. I'm not just talking about the getting-in-shape-to-be-ready-for-summertime-don't-wanna-be-seen-in-a-swimsuit-at-the-girls-night-hot-tub-party-on-Friday path. I'm also talking about what path my marriage is on, what path my friendships are on, what path my spiritual life is on, I could go on and on.

Hopefully I'll gain some clarity over the next few days and be able to come up with some actual "resolutions" seeing as I never came up with any at the start of 2010... and here it is February! Oh well, gotta start somewhere, right?

Ben and I are hoping to take a trip to the Georgia aquarium very soon. I am so excited because I've been dying to see it since it opened! Maybe I'll have some pictures to post soon.


3 comments:

A said...

Oooh, great post. Keep us updated on what the podcasts say. Super interesting! Personally, I'm glad that both your intentions and your directions will bring you to NC very soon!

Katie said...

Oh me too! My intentions and direction are definitely lining up on that one! Can't wait!

Haley said...

Hey you let us know when you want to go to the Aquarium! We will go with you. Road. Trip. Yes.

You are HILARIOUS, by the way. I could read this all day. For instance, I'm now on the path to obesity. AGGH! I was dying laughing. I need to see you soon. Like, sooner than March 4th.