Thursday, February 18, 2010

Nature Hike Gone Hit and Run

The Nature Hike idea started when I decided to go out and practice taking some pictures with my new lens. I was trying to get some pictures kind of like this..


Did I mention that it's winter and everything is dead and good nature shots are hard to come by? Anyway, I brought the dogs along and everything started out nice and peaceful, kind of like this...


Then, it turned into a bit of a wrestling match. (They do this every day and it is normally initiated by the poodle. Can you tell?)


Then, Berkley found the puddles. He loves to splash in puddles and normally does this at the most inopportune times, like when I'm late for work, having company over, etc. As mad as it makes me, I can't help but laugh because it is hilarious!


While in the midst of puddle splashing, Berkley noticed Pete who was off in the grass minding his own business....


"Alas! Something must be done!" shouted Berkley as he ran full speed towards Pete. The events that unfolded happened something like this....



Sneaky, sneaky Berkley.... He proceeded to attack Pete from behind time after time after time...
Can you see Pete in the grass? He's the darker spot Berkley is headed for...




And he's going back for more!


"Woohoo!!!"


"Haha, Sucka!!"


"Gotcha again!"


"Holla!"


Collision in the ditch of mud!


"Look behind you!!"


"Ram-a-lam!"


"Ok, let's go home mom."


So, I didn't exactly get the shots I was going for, but I had a lot of good laughs! Never a dull moment with those two characters.

No comments: