Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Two Months

Today Mason had his 2 month check up which means that shots were involved.  Three shots and drops to be exact.  I was really nervous about how he was going to do and afraid that I was going to get really upset when he started crying.  We made it through just fine and I kept reminding myself that these little shots were a million times better than the diseases themselves.  And yes, I did my homework on vaccines and I am ready to state my defense if anyone feels the need.... 

Moving on... My sweet little man is in great health, praise the Lord! He is sleeping soundly after his vaccines and only cried for a little while. Let's hope that continues.  He weighed a whopping 12 pounds and 11 ounces putting him in the 70th percentile in weight and he was 22 and 3/4 inches long which puts him in the 50th percentile in height. So, he is a little chunk!  He loves to cuddle and he loves his swing! He sleeps great at night and is really easy going.  He is such a blessing!  

The two month pictures I took of him turned out much better than the one month (which I haven't blogged about) because I was more prepared.  My friend, Lindsey told me how she put her little boy in the same place every month so she could compare the pictures.  Great idea!  So I put Mason in the chair in his room and in his bed.  I also tried to get close ups of his little hands and feet.  The last picture cracks me up because his neck just disappears under all of his chins and he is like "Why am I sitting in the corner of my bed?"  In this first picture he is looking at his most favorite thing in the whole world (besides food), the ceiling fan.  I am kind of jealous of the ceiling fan.



















katielassiter

3 comments:

A said...

He's adorable! Your pictures are amazing, Katie!

Kristy said...

adorable. you're good at taking pictures! :)

Melissa said...

yay for 2 months and the first round of shots down. Really...that was the hardest one to deal with. Well...except when they get 2 and they know that they get shots at the doc's office so if you ever mention the doctor they're crying... haha
He is precious...love those rolls! Claire's a chunk too. After being the mom of an itty bitty 4 lb'er (Addie) I welcome as much fat on Claire as possible!!