Friday, November 11, 2011

A Fall Update

Hi Friends!  I am on vacation and now I have time to do a little bit of documenting! We have had a lot off fun this fall and I have a lot to catch up on.  Mason is SIX MONTHS OLD! What in the world?



I can't believe how fast the time goes.  All Mason wants to do these days is get to where he wants to go by himself and immediately.  However, he doesn't know how to crawl or walk yet, so this presents a bit of a problem.  I don't think it will be long before he figures out how to get around, but I am not sure if that will be good or bad for me.  This little man is into everything already!  

We were lucky enough to get away with the family for a few days to Elijay, GA where we visit every year. There is something about a cabin in the mountains that just brings a sense of calm and relaxation. Here are a few pictures I have taken so far.... 


Mom and Dad bought Mason that little blue bear suit and we just had a fit over it.  I probably took 50 pictures of Mason in the bear suit.  Ok, I would've probably taken 50 pictures of him anyway, but I did love the bear suit!  We got out early this morning and watched the dogs play in the creek behind the cabin.  The leaves have all changed colors hear and they all fall down when the wind blows like it is snowing leaves. It was beautiful!
                                 



    



The dogs love to play in the creek and they are so much fun to watch!  Berkley was too fast for me to get any good pictures of him but I will try to get some good ones before we go home.  



My mom is the one who always finds the awesome cabins.  She is extremely picky about the cabin and it usually takes her many hours of searching to find the perfect one.  She hasn't failed us yet! 


Little Punkin loves the outdoors and he loves playing with the leaves.  He sometimes tries to eat them so you have to watch him closely!

Speaking of Punkin, we got to take him to a pumpkin patch a couple of weeks ago and we had the best time! I will try to do a post on that and Halloween a little later.  Here is Mason playing in the corn box which I thought was so neat.  I just knew that he would try to eat the corn, but to my surprise, he just played in it.  I can't wait to get him a sand box!  Oh, and does this child need a hair cut?  Yes he does.  Did I mention that he had his first hair cut at 4 months old?  Out of control.... our friends say he has a comb over and I think that is pretty funny.  Most of his hair is concentrated on the very top.  What color is it?  Not sure, but it isn't the same color as mine!  Some people think it is blonde, some think it is red, some think it is brown.... I think it is more brownish blonde.  My hair was light like that when I was a baby and has gotten darker as I have gotten older.


I am really happy to have a few good pictures of Mason and me together.  Since I am always behind the camera, I realized that I have very few pictures of him with me.  I prefer to be behind the camera, but I want him to look back and see pictures of us together one of these days. 


My sister-in-law, Tori, took the picture below a couple of weeks ago.  Tori is very talented and I was glad that she was able to take some family pictures for us!  I will post more as soon as I get the other proofs.  


We are loving this fall weather and we spend as much time outside as possible.  Mason is more content to just sit and play on a blanket when we are outside.  Indoors, he is always grunting in frustration trying to get somewhere else.  However, the dogs provide a lot of entertainment for him wherever we go! Mason LOVES Pete and Berkley and always smiles and laughs at them when he sees them.  He tries to crawl or walk over to them and touch them.  The dogs leave him alone for the most part, walking up to lick him occasionally.  They don't mind him pulling on their fur.  Berkley, however, could be a little more aware that there is a baby in the room; he thinks he is the baby.  When Mason and I are playing on the floor, Berkley tries to sit in my lap and lay on me.  I love them, but sometimes they are a lot to handle on top of taking care of a 6 month old.

Here are some of my favorite shots from playing outside. I took these a week or so ago when Matt and I were outside doing some yard work.  Ok, Matt was doing yard work and I was instructing him on what to dig up and where to plant.  I love yard work. :)

This is Mason doing his "dance."  It is actually his, "I am moving my arms and legs and hoping I go somewhere" dance and I think it is hilarious!




We have the privilege of hosting my little brother (I always call him my little brother even though he is about to be 23), Matt, for a little while as he takes some time off from school to get a little work experience.  He has been extremely helpful, especially since Ben has been working extra, and it has been fun getting to spend time with him. Matt and I haven't really lived in the same place since I left for college when he was 12.  Can't believe it has been that long.... Oh yeah, Matt hates it when I take pictures of him so I have to be sneaky and do it when he isn't looking... like above where he is carrying the hundred pound root ball of the tree that was previously in my flower bed. Thanks Matt.

So, Halloween was hilarious!  My friend Haley let me borrow her son, Sam's, costumes that he wasn't going to use this year.  We got so many comments and compliments on our little octopus. Thanks Haley! Mason and Ben are posing with our friends Adam and Caden (who is a monkey).  I think this picture is too funny and will probably end up coming back to haunt Caden and Mason many years down the road.



 We really enjoyed a visit from Aunt Sissy this past weekend.  She got lots of quality time with Mason and says that he is "her baby" since he looks more like her.  I have to say, I can't claim those pretty blue eyes!



And hopefully it won't be another month before I get to post again!  I just discovered that I can upload big pictures to my blog strait from my computer instead of uploading them to the internet!! What a time saver. 

I am off to start The Hunger Games.  I have heard good things about it but have no idea what it is about.  Hope it isn't too scary! (It sure is nice to have round the clock in home baby-sitters!)

katielassiter

No comments: