Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Getting Ready for Christmas!

So, I have 1,100 lights on the tree and counting.  We found the most awesome deal on Fraser Firs at Costco where you could get an 8-9 foot tree for only $30.00!  However, the trees were wrapped up so you just had to pick one and hope it looked good.  We got ours home and, yes it looks great, but it is massive!!!!!!! By far the biggest tress we have ever had...nearly 10 feet tall.  I will post pictures of it when I get it all lit up (which could be a while since we have already made 2 Christmas light runs and it still needs more).  I am trying to re-vamp my light stringing method because it is taking me forever.  I grew up with artificial trees and my grandmother taught me how to go up and down each branch to give the tree depth.  However, with real trees, that is proving to be a challenge since the branches aren't exactly symmetrical.  Oh well... we will see what happens.   

If you are familiar with Snapfish, then you know they were running a special that expired yesterday for 500 prints for 1 cent apiece and 50% off the entire website.  Well, Ben and I were gonna get everyone hooked up with photo gifts AND get 500 pics printed (since we are backed up to 2007 with no pics printed) and just get sooo much accomplished.  Well, we put it off too late (trying to get the tree lit) and fell asleep with the computer between us while we were waiting on the photos to upload!  However, here are a few old shots of Mason (and one of Poodle) that I never got to post.  They are from 4 months old and 5 months old.   

Fingers crossed, I will be back soon with tree pictures! Fingers crossed.....










katielassiter

1 comment:

Kristy said...

He is just so cute, Katie! I could definitely eat him up! Hope you enjoy this special first Christmas.