Sunday, November 13, 2011

Goose River Rapids


Goose River Rapids, this year's chosen cabin for our fall vacation, has provided us with lots of natural beauty as well as a fun venue for family entertainment.  


We have spent many hours sitting out by the creek, around the fire pit, talking, laughing, and roasting marshmallows while Mason plays with leaves and tries to walk around.  


This year we decided that the guys would be in charge of one breakfast and one lunch and the girls would do the same.  For their breakfast, the guys surprised us with their version of breakfast burritos.  I was impressed! The picture below is Ben's burrito and it was slightly bigger than the one I ate.


 In addition to the blue bear suit from the previous post, Mom and Dad bought Mason a brown reindeer outfit.  We basically put an outfit on him, talk about how cute it is, and then take 500 pictures. That is the routine.  Somehow, it never gets old. 


 This is how Mason spends most of his time..... and how all the grown ups spend most of theirs...


 Notice the tennis shoes.  I figured that if he was going to be walking around all the time, I should probably get him some shoes.  They are so tiny, yet stylish, yet rugged.






 The dogs are having a blast chasing the ball down in the creek.  Berkley has discovered his inner bird dog and is retrieving like a champ.  The ladies in the cabin next door told me that they thought Berkley was a black bear when he was outside the night before.  Hmmm, black bear or giant poodle? Both equally intimidating and horrifying.



Playing with dead leaves is Mason's new favorite past time.  They provide about 15 minutes of entertainment.  Also, please notice my hot outfit.  Only the most stylish new trends for vacation. 




Also, Mom and I challenged each other today to go all day without speaking "Southern."  That means no "fixin to," no "I wont it," no "I'm gonna," no incomplete sentences, etc.  That means perfect English all the way.  Lemme tell ya, I ain't doin too good. :)



katielassiter

1 comment:

Haley said...

Ok, can I just say, these updates and pictures have made my week! I love all the photos and of course you are hilarious in telling all about everything.
I think Mason and your Dad are twins. So I am glad we both know what it's like to have twins. (In all honesty I think every time I see him, I see YOU, completely! He is looking a lot like his mama.)
And I also think you should photo shop an electric guitar into that picture in the last post, the one of him sitting in your backyard on the blanket; his hands are screaming for a guitar. Glad yall are having fun in the mountains! I look forward to this post every year.