Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Alzhiemer's at 25

Sunday morning began just like any ordinary Sunday. I woke up before Ben and decided to let Pete out to do his business. Pete is obsessed with fetching so I thought I'd throw his tennis ball to him a few times before putting the coffee on. Having just woken up I was still in my p.j.'s so I just stood inside the door of the back porch and threw the ball out for Pete to chase. After throwing the ball a couple of times, I realized that Pete would be we and dirty from all of the grass and I decided to let him wait on the porch for a little while to dry off some before coming back inside. So, watching Pete chase the ball down one last time, I shut the back door and locked it leaving him outside to play on his own. Then I proceeded with the coffee making.....

I had washed out the pot and I was about to reach for a coffee filter. I turned around and there he was... Pete. He was standing behind me in the kitchen, ball in mouth, tail wagging. He stared at me and I stared back. I shot a quick glance at the door. Still locked. The other doors were closed and locked as well. I stood there for a full minute taking in the situation. I know I locked him outside. How did he get in? The only explanation is that I let him in, cleaned him off, blacked out, and woke up at the coffee pot never knowing what had happened. I am completely baffled. Baffled, and already losing my mind.

1 comment:

A said...

Ha! That or y'all have a mystery doggie door that you don't know about yet. Or maybe Pete is really Alex Mac, reincarnated.