Thursday, August 21, 2008

Thank You Note Madness

One would think that three months is ample time to write all the thank you notes necessary following a wedding. I'm afraid that's not the case in the Lassiter household. However, we do have a few good reasons for this breech in social etiquet.

1. The husband refuses to write any thank you notes. For some reason, Ben could care less if not one single thank you note got sent out to anyone. Therefore, I am carrying the burden of this social obligation all alone. However, I am lucky that he does acknowledge my passion for writing the thank you notes and he takes care of other household chores so I can take time to write.

2. Moving - twice.

3. Studying for tests

4. More studying

5. Weddings every weekend. Literally.

6. The unfortunate back up of the thank you notes due to important school projects, moving, and starting a job during the same time that all of my showers were taking place.

I think that about sums up all of my excuses. None-the-less, I am well on my way to getting these thank you's knocked out. To any of you already married, congratulations on finishing your thank you notes. To any of you engaged (Ashley)....start now. Even if you haven't received a gift. Just write the note and leave little blanks to fill in the name and the gift. Otherwise you will end up like me.

I hope that this doesn't sound like I am ungrateful for my gifts or complaining about writing the notes. I really do enjoy thanking people for going out of their way to buy us a gift. Ben and I were overwhelmed by the generosity and thoughtfulness of so many, that is why I feel bad that I am taking so long to let them know how much I appreciate it!

The moral of the story is: Stay on top of your thank you notes!!!!!

1 comment:

A said...

Haha! I wonder if you couldn't just write a generic note on your blog, then BCC it to everyone who sent you a gift saying you designed it specifically for them. Hm. Might want to remove the comment feature. :) Can't wait to see you!
PS--I've already had to reorder more notes in my current name. Eek!