Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Dog Stuff and Dirt (of course)




So, my child... I have a hard time keeping him out of:

1. Dirt
2. Dog Food
3. The dog's water bowl
4. The dog's crate
5. The dog's bed
6. Everything

I am so thankful that of all the dogs I could have chosen when it came to picking a breed for my pet, I picked a standard poodle.  To some (my husband) that seems like a less than desirable choice.  However, I can't say enough good things about how laid back he is around Mason.  Pete, our lab/pit mix, is also good with Mason, but has growled in annoyance on more than one occasion and really just moves when he sees Mason coming his way.  Berkley, on the other hand, just lays there while Mason hits him in the face, pulls his fur, walks on him, tries to use him as a step, etc.  I think they have struck up some kinds of a deal though because I find Mason sneaking Berkley Cheerios and Goldfish every chance he gets.



The other day I heard Mason yelling "Ba! Ba! Ba! (ball)"  And I looked out to see him repeatedly shoving the ball in Berkley's face trying to get him to play with it.  


Berkley was not fazed.  Mason moved on to play with dirt.


As I mentioned before, you can usually find Mason with a book or a ball (or 2) in his hand.  He has learned a special crawl that he does (even though he can walk, which is much easier) when carrying a ball or book in one hand. (Which is what he is doing in the picture at the top.)  My favorite is when he puts his lovey in his mouth so he can simultaneously carry the lovey and his ball.  Below we have Mason standing on a dog bed which I try really hard to keep him off of.  I wash the dog beds periodically but in the end, they are still dog beds.


And here we have Mason in Berkley's crate.  Awesome.  It is so clean and germ free in there.  He saw me coming and literally laughed and rushed further into the crate.  All the while I am saying, "No Mason, don't go in there."  He thinks it is funny.  Of course.



And last but not least, I found him taking dirt out of the flower(less) pot and deliberately dropping it on top of his lovey.  The lovey was covered in a pile of potting soil.  I ran to grab the camera but before I could snap the picture he had started to pick it up.  You can still see some of the dirt on its face.  


I am still in disbelief that he is going to be one year old on Friday!!  


katielassiter

No comments: