Monday, April 9, 2012

Playing Catch Up

So, I am a little bit behind to say the least.  Around here we have been sick, well, hurt, well, sick, well.... you get the picture.  I have to warn you now that this post contains around 40 pictures from the last 4 months, most them being of my child.  So, if you are adverse to seeing pictures of babies and family stuff then you might want to come back for a later post.  However, if you are still reading this blog, you are probably a family member or close friend and I think you will enjoy this.... 





 
Here we have the traditional "chair picture" on Mason's 9 month birthday... he had been making that funny face a lot and all we could figure was that he was feeling of his new teeth?  The picture below can speak for itself.

 
 Here he is at 10 months and for some reason I forgot to do the chair pictures this month.  However, this was taken on his 10 month birthday and here you see him eating dirt.  He loves to shove a handful in his mouth and then smile and laugh at me when I run over to dig it out.  He knows he isn't supposed to do that and he thinks its funny. Every. Time.

Mimi came over for a visit this day and played outside with Mason.  He loves his Mimi!!

Eleven Months:  The bus he is holding was a gift brought back to me from London from my grandmother, Neanie.  I was just a baby when she gave it to me and now it is Mason's.  He loves it!


On most mornings and after most naps, we find Mason like this; lovey in the mouth.  Sometimes it is replaced with his silky yellow blanket, whichever he has on hand.

Mason got to go to his first Pump It Up birthday party for his friend Alex.  I could not wait to see what he thought of all the fun blow up bouncy things, but wouldn't you know, he slept through most of the party and then he wasn't sure what was going on!  I love this picture of him and Ben making the same face.


One Sunday after church, we all went over to Mimi and Pop's house to celebrate Cole and Cate's birthdays.  Here is the group photo after many attempts this is the best we could do....


Mason loves being outside and Mimi and Pop's house is the perfect place to play and see the beautiful country side!

Papa came down to visit one day when Li Li (we think that is the name she is going with) had a conference in birmingham.  We took Mason to feed the ducks and he was fascinated.


Here he is at Mamaw's house, all ready for St. Patrick's Day.  He had just recovered from Hand, Foot, and Mouth Disease, and I was just coming down with it.  Oh Joy.

Great grandmother, Mamaw, loves getting visits from Mason.  He is hard to handle though!

This baby loves some books.  He says "bu" for book and "ba" for ball.  Both of which are his favorite things.  He loves to go get a book and hold it out for you to read it to him as he is doing in the picture.


Mason at Papa and Li Li's house looking outside at the dogs.  I love the way he is standing on his tip toes.

When we went to Florence, we got to spend some time at Deer Step in Waterloo for Henderson's birthday (my brother Matt's best friend and like my 2nd little brother).  It is the most beautiful place and Mason always loves a chance to play outside.




The boys got to shoot their guns (yeah, Ben got a new hand gun so watch out!) and then we took the four wheelers out for a ride along the paths.  That part was so fun, but I have turned into a major scaredy cat.  The last time I was at Deer Step was in 2004 and I was all about flying up and down those hills.  This time, all I could think about was, "I am a mom. I have a baby.  This is scary." When my 4 wheeler kept dying on me, I opted for the "safer" route by riding in that vehicle with my brother (can't remember what it is called).  Little did I know, he loves to ramp that thing.  I was screaming.  I was also screaming at Ben who thinks it is fun to do stuff like pop wheelies going up hills and what not.  Could've killed them both.


The vehicle that Matt likes to ramp and states that you "can't tip it over." Right.

Sissy, the daredevil who flipped her 4 wheeler over last time we were there, was a little bit more reserved this time, but still much more fearless than I was.

Back in Pike Road again.... Ben fell off a dump truck at work and landed on his back.  I am pretty sure this is the worst work related injury he has had.  I find this surprising since he is rarely in the field anymore and was just looking at dump trucks that their company was looking to buy.  He is not accustomed to being injured but he was lucky that it just exacerbated an old football injury and he is on the mend.  We were very thankful for his parents who surprised us and came over and cut the grass while Ben was having to take it easy.  They brought Cate and Neely with them and the cousins had fun sharing Cheese Its.


While Matt was on spring break and my parents were in California, we had the pleasure of keeping Charles, the newest addition to the family.  Charles is a 4 month old Golden Doodle and he Mason became fast friends.

Mason learned to adapt his crawl to a "bear crawl" to spare his knees that were constantly getting scratched up.


We have our yard summer ready now that we have a baby pool and a sand box.  We have already gotten a lot of use out of them both! The other toys by the fence were toys that me, Cara, and Matt played on as children.  The slide with the roof is pushing 30.

The pool water is hard to keep clean when you have 3 giant dogs drinking out of it.  Oh well, what can you do? Mason doesn't seem to mind sharing.


The sandbox can keep this baby entertained for minutes, as in almost 30 minutes!  That is an accomplishment in itself.  He loves playing with toys in the sand and dumping sand in his hair, of course.


We made our first trip to the Montgomery zoo with our friends Tucker, Caroline, and Hadley.  It was so much fun that we bought a zoo pass so we can keep going back all year!  The zoo was really nice and we only got to see part of it in the hour and a half we were there.  We are going back with Daddy for Mason's birthday in a couple of weeks.  I think I am the most excited.


We even got to go on a train ride all around the zoo!


On March 31st, we had bridal showers for my friend Leslie.  Leslie and I were roommates for 7 years all through college and I am so happy to celebrate her upcoming wedding with her!  Here is the set up for the brunch we had that morning... It was at Shelley's house and we enjoyed using all of her new china.  It was a special occasion, after all...


Me reading to Leslie all of her fiance's answers to questions I had asked him about Leslie.  She laughed so hard she cried.  We were all cracking up.  (On a side note, you can see my 1 dimple in this picture. It rarely shows up, but Mason has one just like it. That is how I know he is my child.)


Here we all are at the evening shower at Ashley's house.  That woman cooked 36 pounds of bar-b-que and it was amazing!  I love every chance I get to spend with these girls.  They are all extremely special to me and I have known them for at least 19 years, 2 of them I have known since I was five.  I met Shelley in pharmacy school, but she fits right in there with us! Three of these girls are having babies this year which will make 8 kids between us, all under the age of 3.



Here is little man enjoying his pool.  He likes to step in and then step out.


Can you see the sand on his nose?


I set up a ball pit for him on the patio one day so I could get some cooking done.  He was entertained for a little while and then started throwing the balls out.  Never a dull moment.



At the end of the day, he is one tired little boy.  He goes till he just can't go anymore.  Then mommy and daddy crash too.  I have to add that Mason took his first consecutive steps this week/weekend.  He has been walking a lot more today.  Very exciting!  I will be back to post about Easter soon. ( I hope.)




katielassiter

No comments: