Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Easter, Memories, and New Friends


Neely sharing her Easter Eggs with Mason at Grandma and Grandpa's House
Easter is always a special time for many reasons, but this year I couldn't help be be so thankful for all that has happened in the previous year.  Last year, Easter fell on April 24th which was the day we got to bring Mason home from the hospital!! We were beginning our 5th day at Jackson Hospital and we were ready to take our baby home.  Ben and I had been up pretty much all night long feeding Mason every two hours while still keeping him under the light (he had jaundice), making sure his eye mask didn't fall off, and wishing we could hold him and not have to see him in the little tanning bed all by himself.  We were beyond thrilled when the doctor told us that Mason's counts had dropped ( a good thing) and we could leave at 11:00 am.  We.could.not.wait!  We had both of our parents and my brother and sister waiting on us at our house preparing a celebratory Easter lunch.  It was the best day!
We dressed Mason in his going home outfit with a little bunny on it and loaded him up.  He hated getting dressed then, and still does!

  

Mason's first time in the car on his way home
Getting Him Ready to See His Home








            

                   




                    

I will never forget how wonderful it felt to finally be home!! My family had cleaned the house, bought flowers, lit candles, had Mason's swing up and going, and even installed the ceiling fan on our porch!  Mom and Dad had all of our Easter baskets ready, all of those are the baskets we had as babies and Mason's new basket is on the right.  I can't believe it has already been almost a year since that day.  Since Easter came earlier this year, Mason has gotten to celebrate 2 Easters before turning 1!

This year's Easter weekend was almost as exciting as my parent's came in town and Mason took his first consecutive steps!  It was so exciting and I was so proud.  The next night, mom and dad kept Mason so Ben and I could go on a date night.  We went to Bone Fish (one of our favorites) and then to see The Hunger Games!! I have been wanting to see it since I read all the books and I was not disappointed.  Ben enjoyed it too and he hasn't read the books.  It kept me in suspense the whole time even though I knew what was going to happen! 

On Saturday we had a fun time eating and shopping (me and mom) and then Saturday afternoon Ben, Mason, and I joined Ben's family at his grandparents' house for an egg hung and cook out.  Mason always loves being around his cousins and it won't be long before he's running around behind them now that he is walking.  

Ben, and Mason with Uncle Neal and Neely

Mason Blowing Bubbles With Mimi

Pop took Mason on His First 4 Wheeler Ride. Cate is helping hold him on!

On Saturday night I came down with a stomach bug. Ugh.  It totally wiped me out for the next 2 days.  I was so disappointed since I had to miss church, didn't get to prepare the Easter lunch I had planned, and had no energy to do anything.  It was a bummer.  I did manage to slide from my chair into the floor for some pictures when Mason noticed that the Easter Bunny had come to visit him!  We didn't show him his presents right away since I was sick, but he found them on his own and started yelling.  He knew it was all for him!







A Little Pool Time Before Lunch

 Sometimes it is really easy to get caught up in the egg hunts and the gifts and candy, but it is awesome to think about the real reason we celebrate Easter.  I love to see the wooden crosses in everyone's yard with the purple cloths draped over them.  Even more, I love seeing them on Sunday when all the cloths are white and I know it is because Jesus has risen and we are all saved! I wish I could've been at church on Sunday to sing "Up From the Grave He Arose."  What a wonderful feeling it is to say those words!!


Before I wrap up this post, I have to share pictures of our newest friends!!  Isabelle (right) and Lillian (left) Phillips have been hanging out with Mason as much as our health will allow.  Our friends William and Shana adopted these precious girls back in January and it has been so much fun to watch them grow.  William and Shana found out on Friday that they were getting twins (born 5 weeks premature) and went to get them the following Monday.  They are wonderful parents and have managed twins as easily as anyone could possibly do, especially having all of 3 days to prepare for them!  Mason loves them and loves to give them kisses!  They are going to have so much fun growing up together.



Mason giving Izzy a Kiss



katielassiter

1 comment:

Melissa said...

we have done the stomach virus thing twice through our whole house just since 2012 has begun. Whew!
Great pics! Mason is getting so big!