Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Corn Obsession

First of all, Mason's procedure on his tongue (linguinal frenulectomy) went perfectly!  I could not have asked for this morning to go any more smoothly, so thank you all so much for your prayers for my little boy.  The doctors and staff at Children's were wonderful and they have definitely created the perfect environment for treating kids.  We are blessed to have such a good hospital close to home.  

And without further adieu...


My child is obsessed with corn.  Corn on the cob, that is.


He can't get enough of the stuff.



This all started at Sam's birthday party when he got his first taste.  He has never been the same since.


I should add that half of an ear is not ever enough.

 

So don't think you can cook an ear, give him half and then eat the other half yourself.  You would be sadly mistaken.  


Here he is placing his corn on a tray and then picking up his foot (with his hands) and putting it on top of the corn.  I don't know why he felt the need to do this.


Here he is double fisting.  Someone obviously thought they could get away with giving him just half of an ear.  He will get his hands on the second half, believe you me.


Oh, and you don't wanna know where that corn has been.  "Berkley, wanna lick the corn? Awesome.  Should I roll my corn around on the floor?  Perfect.  I'll just set my corn down in this chair while I climb up and then start eating it again.  Should I push my lawn mower with one hand while holding my corn in the other hand? Sounds good."


The corn made his 4th of July complete.


This is my personal favorite.


You can see he started out with half an ear of corn but ended up with 2 halves.  The second half was mine. 


I can't fail to mention that you should not attempt to take away the corn, no matter how long he has been carrying it around. 


He falls to pieces.

"Hey Lily, have you ever tasted corn??"

So, if you wanna win him over, just give the child some corn on the cob.  We learned that if you put the corn, husk and all, in the microwave for 1 minute and 45 seconds, you have perfectly cooked corn on the cob!  The husk and silks just practically fall off, easy as that.  

My brother is seriously concerned about Mason's corn consumption.  He keeps asking if we are going to just let Mason have as much corn as he wants.  He should just be happy that he isn't the one changing the diapers!



katielassiter

No comments: