Sunday, July 8, 2012

Discovering



Remember back in the day when it wasn't 100+ degrees outside?




You could go out and play.  (For more than 10 minutes.)



 
You could enjoy doing a little work in the garden. 


You could ride around on a 20 year old horse.


And then realize you didn't know how to get off.


Or make it go forward.


You look to mommy for help.



But mommy takes advantage of this opportunity to document your baby boy feet.


These are the days that mommy finds such joy watching you


As you contemplate a blade of grass....


and then see what happens when you add it to water.


And observe you...


as you try to make your London tour bus into a boat....


and then venture to the far side of the patio and dig your baby spoon into the cracks of the bricks.


In these moments I think of how blessed I am


that I get to watch you learn


 and grow


and enjoy the simple things God gave us.


I treasure all of the moments I get to watch you discovering your world.


And I can't believe you are mine.

katielassiter

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I love this post Katie! He is just precious :)

Katie said...

Thank you Karah!

Cara Highfield said...

Thanks...now i'm sitting at my desk crying. So sweet.