Thursday, July 23, 2009

17 Books in 15 Minutes


o-17 Books in 15 Minutes Rules: Don't take too long to think about it. Name 17 books you've read that will always stick with you. First 17 you can recall in no more than 15 minutes. Tag friends, including me because I'm interested in seeing what books my friends choose...

I saw this on facebook and thought it was interesting.  I wonder if I can recall 17 books.... here goes! 

1. The Mermaid Chair by Sue Monk Kidd
2. The Memory Keeper's Daughter
3. The Chronicles of Narnia (all of them)
4. Harry Potter Series (all of them)
5. Twilight Saga (all of them)
6. The Secret Life of Bees by Sue Monk Kidd
7. Summer of my German Soldier ( I hated it)
8. Summer of the Monkeys
9. Teach Us to Pray by Albert Lemmons
10. Blue Like Jazz by Donald Miller
11. Searching for God Knows What by Donald Miller 
12. Through Painted Deserts by Donald Miller ( I like him, can you tell?)
13. Velvet Elvis by Rob Bell
14. Eragon (haven't finished it yet)
15. All Nancy Drew books from Childhood. 
16. Falling Up and other books of poetry by Shel Silverstein
17. Where the Wild Things Are... coming to the movies soon... weird.

And a Bonus: We Were the Mulvaneys ( An Oprah's book club book. I was wrapped up in it but it was very depressing so I don't recommend it.)
Bonus #2 Paula Deen's autobiography... Easy to read and her story is quite impressive.

There you have it...

4 comments:

Kristy said...

Here's mine... and I don't even know what is about to come off of my keypad b/c I am just going to go with it.

1. Anne of Green Gables
2. Anne of Avonlea
3. Canterbury Tales
4. Macbeth
5. Lords of Discipline
6. Beach Music
7. The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe
8. Visioneering
9. Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix
10. Twilight
11. a Moveable Feast
12. The Great Gatsby
13. To Kill a Mockingbird
14. Redeeming Love
15. The Kite Runner
16. Man's Search for Meaning
17. Fresh Wind, Fresh Fire

There... and I'm already thinking of ones I should have put on there... This was fun, Thanks!

Jamey said...

It's been too long since I've read (other than the Twilight Saga), so I'm not going to attempt this.

I did, however, just read your previous post. It's hilarious! I know it's not really because it gives you a headache and you have to deal with it everyday, but it made your readers laugh!

Katie said...

Kristy, Thanks for sharing! I should've put Redeeming Love on my list too... I too was thinking about other things I should've put after I finished. I'll have to read some of the ones on your list. What is Beach Music?

Katie said...

Jamey, I'm glad it made you laugh! I meant for it to be funny, but I was afraid it might come across as just a bunch of complaining. I mean, I was complaining, but it's funny to me at the same time. Ha!