Thursday, July 30, 2009

Lately





Mom and Dad, along with Scooter and Henry, came down to visit us for a few days last week.  It was great getting to spend some time with them! On Tuesday we went to Hampstead to the new Farmhouse Kitchen restaurant and it was wonderful!  Every Tuesday night at Hampstead they have a little farmers market set up until 7:00.  We were fortunate enough to catch the last ten minutes of it and Mom and Dad bought us this jar of local honey.  I was particularly thrilled by this since I have been eyeing local honey for years.  I would see it for sale at farmers markets and contemplate buying some, but it was always expensive and I didn't know if I'd even like it.  Well, this bee man (not sure what you call them) was handing out samples of his honey, which I think all bee men should probably do when selling their honey to first time buyers.  After we each received a sample, Dad and Mom bought 2 jars: one for them and one for us. So, I've been making homemade biscuits each morning (read: Pillsbury) and topping them off with this delectable treat. I highly recommend it! 
The last couple of weekends have been really nice around here.  Since Ben and I had no prior obligations, we were able to just hang out, relax, and take care of things around the house.  One Saturday we took the boys (dogs) out to Mimi and Pop's (Ben's parents) house so they could have a little fun in the pond.  Pete loves the water! 


Berkley likes the water when it involves dumping out his water dish and splashing in it.  He doesn't mind swimming either, but he isn't as fearless as Pete when it comes to big ponds and swimming pools.  

Oh yeah, remember when Ben and I got married LAST YEAR? Well, for our honeymoon souvenir we bought a hammock. We decided to hang it up last weekend. Yeah, a year later. After a few seconds in this hammock I regretted not hanging it up a year earlier! It is so comfy and relaxing! Last night after work I headed strait out to the hammock... work clothes and all. I know this is going to be my favorite place in the fall when the weather is lovely and the misquitos are DEAD.  

So, that's the latest in the Lassiter household. Bye Friends!

3 comments:

L said...

i just love that picture of Ben (i think that's him) and the dog midair over the water. priceless. and i love hearing updates from you...i hope you and ben are doing so well!

Haley said...

We need to come down there for a visit and a dinner party so that your dining room table can get some more use! Seriously, we need to get together! Otherwise I won't see you until August 15th. And if you want to spend the night that night, you are welcome!

Julie Young said...

Ben just scored major points with the dinner!