Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Southern Living Junky

It is officially summer weather if it isn't officially summer.  I cannot believe that it is already May and that it already feels like June.  Being the Southern Living junky that I am, I have been trying to get my garden and other flowers and plants in order around here.  I don't think my yard will ever be what I want it to be, mainly because it is impossible to grow grass with two dogs tromping all over it, but we have definitely made progress (thanks to my strong husband who is good at digging holes).  We started small with the garden this year, but half of it is completely full of mint.  If anyone out there wants some mint, you know who to call.  If you remember the rest of my produce from last year, you understand why I am not offering up any of my other plants.


Well, we went back to the splash pad and we brought some friends with us!  I am sure that the splash pad has not seen the last of us.  If we can handle this 90 degree weather, that is.  I can't believe it is already so hot!  I am very thankful that the evenings are still cool and it does feel nice in the shade.


I still haven't gotten a swimsuit (for me or him) and that is on the to do list.  I am less than excited about finding one for myself.


For you camera people out there, I used my wide angle lens for these photos.  I have been using it more often since my 50 mm broke and I am starting to get used to it.  I keep putting off getting the other one fixed, but it was my favorite.

I am going to have to find some more sensitive sunscreen because the Aveeno seems to be irritating Mason's eyes.  When he got wet (on Saturday and Monday), his eyes got red and puffy as you can see in the picture.  I remember sunscreen doing that to me when I was little.


Mason and Tucker are only 23 days apart.  I am sure they have a lot of good times ahead of them!


The following photo is one picture of about 20.  We could not get Mason to smile because he was too busy looking at everything but the camera.  He has also been busy learning how to spit.  That's right. Lean over his chair and watch his food hit the ground as he spits it out of his mouth.  On purpose. He first attempted this with his carrots at a restaurant.  Then, later in the day he was playing in the playroom while drinking his milk.  I saw him look down and watch the milk dribble out of his mouth and down his shirt.  I told him "no" and he looked up and had milk bubbles all over his chin.  It is pretty hilarious.

We are changing his clothes at least three times a day these days... part of it is due to the above mentioned factors, our yard has a lot of dirt which is his favorite, he spits, he dumps his "no spill sippy cups" out on himself on purpose because he likes watching it spill, he loves to eat 8 to 10 goldfish at one time until they overflow out of his mouth and he gets chewed up soggy goldfish all over his clothes, and he likes to play in the dogs' water and food bowls every chance he gets.  He is normally filthy.  It is not possible to keep him clean, so why worry about it?


After the splash pad he spent part of the afternoon trying to pick up 2 of his balls at the same time.  He tried over and over and over.


He started out trying to scoop both of them up at the same time, stretching his arms as wide as he could...


Then, he brought one ball over for me to hold, picked up the other ball, and then came back to get the first ball from me.  I thought that was pretty smart, but it still didn't work.


Then he discovered the tag on the soccer ball and it was victory!





He is napping now and I am going to try to book a condo at the beach for a quick little trip.  It will be our first vacation as a family of three!

Also, please keep Mason in your prayers as he is going to see a pediatric ENT at Children's in Birmingham in a couple of weeks.  We are getting a consultation on his tongue since he was born "tongue tied." (I just made the appointment, family, which is why you may read this before I have a chance to tell you about it.) The doctor will let us know if surgery is required or if he thinks that it will fix itself in time. I pray that he won't have to have surgery but I fear that his tongue is connected too close to the tip.  I will keep you posted.  Thanks in advance for your prayers!



katielassiter

No comments: