Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Update and The Usual


So, things have been kind of busy around here lately.  This past Friday I had the Pike Road Relay for Life (pictured above) and then worked the weekend and hosted a girl's night at my house on Monday night.  I am planning to do a post on Relay for Life later once I get a chance to go through all of the pictures, but I can say that it was a very special event and I was glad to be able to be a part of something like that for the first time.

Back at home, life is as normal.  Junior, as Ben and I jokingly call him even though he is not a Jr., is always going ninety to nothing it seems like.  He has had 2 baths today before his afternoon nap.


Please notice his muddy legs.  Bath number one was due to a combination of a dirt ring I found in the fat roll in his neck and the fact that he got his lunch everywhere.  Bath number two was due to the above pictured (and below pictured) mud event.


I am afraid he cannot be contained and I have noticed that he also has selective hearing.  He pretends he doesn't know what "Mason, come back" means.  He thinks everything is a game of chase.


Here he has escaped the dry porch and is heading out into the abyss of the near grassless backyard that was just recently rained on.


He decides to go to the random slide that he never shows interest in playing on....


See that on his foot, probably dog poo....

Coming back to the porch he has picked up a bucket and I remind him that he forgot his blanket. Uh oh!


He goes back to retrieve said blanket that is slowly gaining spots of mud.


And here he comes... stopping to consider his next move.


Back to the porch to retrieve more items for his bucket.


Spills the bucket.  Must put objects from the water table back into the bucket.


New item for the bucket: the bus driver.


On second thought, we are ditching the bus driver.


Maybe mom won't notice if I make a break for the garden...


Awesome!  This thing if full of mud!


Oh no, she's coming!


Hide!


Do you think we have enough mint?  Anyone want some??


At this point I had to take my socks off (I left my shoes inside because I wasn't planning on leaving the porch) and retrieve him from the garden.  I brought him back to the porch, sat him down, and he immediately made a break for the mud.  This is when I decided it was time for bath number two.   


Well, I think that load of clothes in the washer is ready to be dried. Contents include the blanket, the onesie in the picture, the onesie from earlier today, his bunny that he put in the water in the water table, and the sheets from his crib since his diaper leaked last night. Oh yeah, his changing table cover and my shirt from earlier today since he pulled his poopy diaper out from under him while I was changing him and got poop everywhere and then reached down to the poop covered region and got poo on his hands and grabbed my shirt.  I forgot that was the predominant reason for the first bath.  

And on to other adventures....


katielassiter

No comments: