Tuesday, May 22, 2012

It's a Blur...


Sometimes I am certain that if I didn't have photos to remind me, I wouldn't be able to remember what happened yesterday.  That definitely applies to this weekend as it was all such a blur.  First I would like to ask for prayers for my dad as he fell really hard this weekend and fractured his hip bone!  He cannot put any weight on his leg for 6 weeks so prayers for a quick and easy recovery are much appreciated.


On Friday, my friend Kellie and I took our kids up to the church gardens to take some pictures.  Kellie wanted to help me get some good photos of Mason since I have a hard time getting him to look at the camera and smile when I am by myself.  The mission was a success and I will post some of those pictures later.  The two previous photos are from that day.  Mason refused to take an afternoon nap and fell asleep on the way to take pictures.... so convenient.  However, it made for a sweet picture and he was really good the rest of the shoot!  I didn't come planning to be in any of the pictures, but Kellie offered to take some of me and Mason.  I gladly obliged because I never can seem to get a good shot of the two of us or I just don't think about getting in the picture.

Friday night after the picture taking, we had a luau in our neighborhood to celebrate the pool opening for the summer.  Mason loved the pool last summer and I was pretty sure this summer would be no different.  It is hard to believe how much he has changed in a year!  I believe he was 3 months old in the picture below.  Can't you tell he is digging the pool?








Now here he is at almost thirteen months!  He is having a blast in those little fountains!


Hey Ladies, how you doin?


Midway through playing in the water he got confused and wandered off into the foliage.  We had to redirect him back to the pool.


This picture totally cracks me up because he is off in la la land, pants falling off, belly poked out, not a care in the world.


Mason and Daddy are best friends.  Mason pretty much clung to him all weekend while he was home.









 He took several dives and to my surprise it didn't phase him!  He got right back up and kept going. Shocking for someone who doesn't even like to have their hair rinsed during bath time.



And these are my favorites.  You can just tell that he is beside himself.  I can see myself in him in the picture above.  Something about the face he is making... 


Here is Mason with his friend, Hadley, who is kind of like his big sister.  They are so funny together.


And here they are last summer.... this picture makes me die out laughing!  I know there are lots of fun times ahead for these two.

From Friday night on, things were crazy.  Ben worked Saturday morning and I took junior up to the pool where Ben met us and brought us a pizza for lunch.  Mason ate an entire piece of pizza by himself in addition to his baby food.  The child can eat.  Then Ben went back to work and Mason and I went home to get ready for our friend's wedding in Birmingham.  

Mimi and Pop (Ben's parents) kept Mason for us while we were in Birmingham and it was his first time to spend the night away from Mommy and Daddy! He did great other than keeping Mimi up for a couple of hours (till after midnight).  I know he had a lot of fun at their house and I wasn't worried about him at all.  

The wedding we went to was beautiful and one of the highlights was that we got to participate in a flashmob that was coordinated by the matron of honor to surprise the bride and groom.  Ben and I were up till after 11:00 on Friday night learning the dance and we laughed our heads off.  I was in phase one and Ben was in phase three.  However, once the dance started, Ben got so excited that he went as a two! We have laughed about that a lot.   At the wedding we got to reconnect with a lot of our old friends from Auburn and just had a blast.  I wish I had some pictures of the evening but it was nice to not have to worry about my camera.  The flashmob video is on facebook if you want to see it!

On Sunday we went to church and then we were really busy catching up on things at home before life group on Sunday night.  This week we are all heading up to Florence for Leslie's wedding and I am so excited!!  Mason and I will be staying there a while to help mom get things ready for their big move to Muscle Shoals!  I am pretty sure I won't have any problems finding some friends and family members who will want to play with Mason while I help mom pack.....

In other news, Mason will be having surgery on his tongue on July 11 at Children's.  The doctor assured us that it is simple and safe and will take no time at all but prayers are still appreciated!  

Well, I better get ready for work will Mason is still napping.  I hope everyone has a great week!

katielassiter

1 comment:

Melissa said...

ugh! I'm so sorry to hear about your dad! I hate that for him (and your mom)!
Love all the pics of Mason. He is just so so cute!