Saturday, May 19, 2012

Love the Weekends



Weekends are pretty great.  I work every third weekend so I really cherish the weekends I am off when we get to do things as a family.  Mother's Day weekend started out with a trip to the beach.  Scratch that. We didn't go and we were so glad because the weather was awful!  We instead booked a trip for September and I can't wait! We spent the weekend at home being lazy in the rainy weather with the exception of the 15 minutes of sunshine when we took Mason to the pool. Literally, we were there for 15 minutes.  That was just enough time to tell that he is going to LOVE the pool this summer!


 The weekend started off with breakfast at Mimi's and a stop at the Eastchase farmer's market for some fresh veggies, local honey, and goat cheese.  Yum!  Mason loves some squash and zucchini and this picture reminds me that I still have to cook those green beans!



On Mother's Day we surprised Ben's mom at their church and then went to eat lunch with Mimi and Pop and Neal, Tori, and the kids after the service.  We had a fun time! 


When we came home I asked Ben to take a few shots of Mason and me.  I have no idea what is wrong with the camera here and why these shots are so grainy, but at least we have pictures!  Getting Mason to look at the camera is a challenge when the dogs are around.


For my Mother's Day and birthday gift I got a new sewing/embroidery machine.  Yes, my birthday is in January but I kept debating on what I wanted and never got anything so, it all turned out!  The sewing is a bit intimidating so we will see how that goes.  I really just wanted it to make Mason some cute t-shirts and do gifts for people etc. 


Ben and Mason picked out a really sweet card for me and got me those Rice Krispy treats that you can write on. Each one had something sweet written on it so I can think nice thoughts about myself every morning when I grab one for breakfast. :)  Those flowers were left over from girl's night and the kitchen is a wreck from having friends over for an impromptu get together the night before.  Oh, and see the egg carton?  Ben's coworker is hooking us up with some "farm fresh eggs" as we like to call them.  Ben made me some "farm fresh eggs" for Mother's Day breakfast.


Mason made this little picture for me all by himself.  He is really good at putting the camera on the timer and then posing for pictures. :)  It was really sweet of our friend Heather to do this for us!  She is so creative and so good with kids. Mason loves her! 



 And this is how we spent the remainder of the weekend. Being lazy.  It was soooo nice!  The only bad thing about the weekend is that I didn't get to see my mom for Mother's Day!  Thankfully I will get to see her very soon!


katielassiter

No comments: